THE JACK FM TOONS CAPTION CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES & REGULATIONS
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MAKING A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE OR AFFECT THE POSSIBILITY OF WINNING. ENTRY IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
Void Where Prohibited By Law
Contest Name: JACK-FM Toons Caption Contest (“Contest”)
Sponsor: (“Sponsor”): Sparknet Communications LLC, 4117 Hillsboro Pike, Ste 103-355, Nashville, TN 37215.
1. ENTRANT ELIGIBILITY. An “Entrant” is a natural person who (i) is a legal resident of the United States as of the date he/she submits a Submission; (ii) is at least 13 years old on the date of submitting a Submission; and (iii) complies with the Method of Submission & Submission Requirements in Paragraph 3 below, and all other terms of these Official Rules. Officers, directors, shareholders, members, managers, partners, employees, agents, and representatives of Sponsor, and their respective parent companies (if any), subsidiaries, affiliates, successors, assigns, and members of their immediate families (parents, siblings, children and spouses, regardless of where they live), and those persons living in the same household with such persons, whether related or not, are ineligible to enter.
2. The Contest Timeframes. Contest starts on Tuesday, October 04, 2022 and runs weekly closing no sooner than Friday, December 16, 2022. This date may be extended. Each new Contest begins on a Monday and ends at 6:00 PM E.T on the following Friday. For the exact date of entry for the current Contest, please refer to the entry-form page.
3. Method of Submission and Submission Requirements. The Contest is offered electronically via the Internet. Please go to jack.fm (“Site”) and follow the online entry instructions. To enter successfully you must fill in the required information on the online entry form. If entries do not contain all necessary information, entrant will be disqualified. Please be certain to follow all directions. Please fill in all requested information completely. Sponsor is the official time-keeper for the Contest. In the event the Contest is entered via a mobile device, Message and Data charges may apply.
Come up with a clever caption that makes you chuckle in 25 words or less. The caption must not be lewd, obscene, sexually explicit, pornographic, disparaging, defamatory, libelous or otherwise inappropriate, offensive or objectionable, as determined by the judges and/or Sponsor in their sole and absolute discretion. Any such entries will be disqualified. Entrants represent and warrant that the entry is the original work of entrant and not previously published, and the entry does not infringe the copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or other intellectual property rights of any person or entity. Entries submitted in geographic areas in which the entry is not permissible will be disqualified. One entry per person or e-mail address. If the Entrant is not of a legal age then Sponsor will require that a parent/guardian sign for any winnings.
4. Disqualification. Without limitation, an Entrant may be disqualified, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, if (i) Entrant fails to meet the Method of Submission & Submission Requirements in Paragraph 3; or (ii) Entrant violates or fails to comply with these Official Rules. Entries or votes that are lost, late, misdirected, garbled, or incompletely received, for any reason, including by reason of hardware, software, browser, or network failure, malfunction, congestion, or incompatibility at the Web site or elsewhere, are not the responsibility of the Sponsor, and will not be eligible. In the event of a dispute, entries/votes will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address at time of entry. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry or voting process, the operation of the Web site, or otherwise in violation of the rules. Use of bots or other automated processes to vote or enter is not allowed and may result in disqualification at Sponsor’s discretion. Sponsor further reserves the right to cancel, terminate, or modify any Contest not capable of completion as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, force majeure, voter fraud, or technical failures of any sort. Sponsor is not responsible for errors in the administration or fulfillment of this Contest, including, without limitation, mechanical, human, printing, distribution, or production errors, and may modify this Contest based upon such error at its sole discretion without liability and where circumstances make this unavoidable.
5. ENTRY MATERIALS BECOME THE PROPERTY OF SPONSOR. All entry materials become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. The copyright in any Submission shall remain the property of the entrant, but, in exchange for the possibility of publication of the Submission, entry in this Contest constitutes entrant’s irrevocable, perpetual permission and consent to Sponsor and others authorized by Sponsor, without compensation or attribution, (i) to use, reproduce, print, publish, transmit, communicate to the public, distribute, sell, perform, adapt, enhance, or display the Submission and the entrant’s name and city and state for advertising, commercial, and publicity purposes, in any and all media now in existence or hereinafter created, throughout the world; (ii) to do (or omit to do) any acts in respect of the Submission which may otherwise constitute an infringement of the entrant’s moral rights; and (iii) to edit, adapt, and modify the entry. Except to the extent prohibited by law, Sponsor excludes from these official rules all conditions, warranties, and terms implied by statute, general law, or custom. Each entrant releases and discharges the Sponsor, the judges, any party associated with the development or administration of the Contest, their employees, agents, or representatives, or any of their parents, subsidiaries, or affiliates from any and all liability in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, legal claims, costs, losses or damages, demand, or actions of any kind.
6. FINALIST SELECTION. Finalists will be selected from each Contest by a member or members of the staff of the Sponsor (the Jack Content Committee “JCC”). All finalists’ captions will be published on the Cartoon Caption Contest page, along with each finalist’s first name, last initial and state. In the event two or more valid entries contain the identical caption (including punctuation) and are selected as a finalist, the entry that was first received by the Sponsor will be deemed as the finalist, and the other entries will not be included as a finalist. All decisions of the JCC in all matters relating to the Contest are final and binding.
7. WINNER SELECTION. Each week a finalist’s caption will be selected by popular vote. The popular vote will be the person whose caption received the greatest number of valid votes. Anyone thirteen or over can vote, except employees, agents, or representatives of Sponsor or any member of their immediate family. One vote per person and one vote per e-mail address. Please click on “Vote for Your Favorite” for details on how to vote for particular finalists and on the deadlines for voting.
8. VOTE TABULATION. The winner will be selected by the majority of the popular vote. In the event of a tie, then a vote by the JCC will break the tie. The JCC will announce the winner on the Cartoon Caption Contest page.
9. PRIZE AND SELECTION OF WINNERS. The qualified winner of each Cartoon Caption Contest will have his or her caption and first name, last initial and state printed as the winning caption. A cash prize of One Hundred Dollars ($100.00) (“Prize”) will be awarded in connection with the winner of each Cartoon Caption Contest. If the qualified winner cannot be contacted or does not respond within three (3) days, an alternate winner may be selected. Entrants may only win one time per month.
10. LIABILITY, RELEASE & FORCE MAJEURE: Sponsor is not responsible for: (i) technical problems or technical malfunction which may affect the operation of the Contest, including but not limited to any of the following occurrences (a) hardware or software errors; (b) faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic, wireless or Internet connectivity or other online communication problems; (c) errors or limitations of any Internet service providers, servers, hosts or providers; (d) garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions; failure of any e-mail transmissions to be sent to or received; (ii) lost, late, delayed or intercepted transmissions; (iii) inaccessibility of any website, in whole or in part for any reason, or traffic congestions on the Internet; (iv) unauthorized human or non-human intervention of the operation of the Contest, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bugs, worms; (v) destruction of any aspect of the Contest, or loss, miscount, misdirection, inaccessibility or unavailability of an account used in connection with the Contest; (vi) any typographical errors in the announcement of the Prizes or these Official Rules, or any inaccurate or incorrect data contained on the Site.
11. GENERAL PROVISIONS. Subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited. All disputes arising or connected with the Contest shall be governed by Tennessee law and will be resolved individually, without resort to class action exclusively in a state or federal court located in Nashville, TN. As permitted by law, any judgments or awards shall be limited to out-of-pocket damages (excluding attorneys’ fees), and shall not include any indirect, punitive, or consequential damages.
13. WINNER LIST/OFFICIAL RULES: To obtain a copy of the Official Rules and Winner list, send a self-addressed stamped envelope (except for residents of Vermont, who do not have to provide postage) to Sponsor at the address set forth above. All such requests must be received by Friday, December 9, 2022.